Rudy R. Lachenmeier
Direct (503) 207-6932
I have always worked tirelessly to achieve a fair resolution to every case whether I was representing a plaintiff, a defendant, or acting as a mediator. A native of Portland, Oregon, I have practiced law in this state since 1975 and have brought over 125 personal injury and property damage cases to jury verdict and have concluded more than 1600 others through arbitration, mediation or settlement.
Over the last 40 + years I have earned the respect of my colleagues who have voted me one of Oregon’s “Super Lawyers” 12 times. My commitment to fairness and social justice led me to complete mediation training in 2012. I have since mediated more than 75 cases for the Multnomah County Small Claims Department and began mediating all types of Circuit Court cases in 2016.
- University of Oregon (B.S., Political Science, 1972)
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College
- More than 100 hours of mediation specific training
- 1975, Oregon
- 1976, U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- 1977, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- 2009, Washington
- (J.D. 1975) Member of the Dorothy Cornelius Honor Society, Associate Law Review Editor, Publisher of two law review articles including the first Lewis and Clark article to be cited by the US Supreme Court, an AV lawyer in Martindale Hubble since the early 1980s
- Co-Author of the Mediations Techniques section of the new bar publication on ADR (now live at OSB Barbooks)
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Oregon Mediation Association Board of Directors
- Former member of the Council on Court Procedures
What is a Veteran Trial Attorney?
What makes a veteran trial attorney? You are a veteran attorney once you have won at least one trial that you were sure you were going to lose, and lost at least one trial you were certain you would win. When you have done both, you realize that nearly every case has a reasonable settlement value. You also realize that some cases do need to be tried.
A native Oregonian, I am fond of the outdoors and love hiking, camping, fishing, and anything associated with our wonderful streams and ocean. My wife and I love to dance and travel. We are active in the Laurelhurst Dance Club and both volunteer at church.